All God Things Take Time (James 1)

James 1.25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. [nkjv]

A few years ago a survey was conducted in the USA to discover just how many teenagers read their Bible. The results were staggering. After interviewing 30,000 Christian teenagers, the survey showed 86% never opened their Bible outside of church!

What does this say about our generation? Are we becoming Christians whose faith is based purely on the Sunday sermon? A generation of listeners but not doers. In our church, we have the most amazing Senior Pastor who has the ability to take the Word of God and break it down into simple bite size pieces. Despite how good he is, I still have a responsibility to be in God's Word continually throughout the week if I hope to grow in my faith. The Sunday sermon is not enough!

According to James, we need to be people who consistently spent time with God in His Word and then put it into practice. Jesus likened this person to a wise man who builds on a rock. The thing about this is that to build a house takes time and it also takes effort on the builders behalf.

In our instant society have we lost the ability to continue in our labour even if the fruit is slow in coming? There is a saying which goes, 'all good things take time.' This is true of my spiritual growth as well.

I may not see results today, but I know that if I am consistent, change will come.

Lord help me to continue in Your Word consistently. Help me live out my faith in this world and never be content just to sit back and do nothing.

What was God speaking to you about through this chapter?

0 comments: